You are welcome to Arts & Culture Place! Your One-Stop Arts & Culture Destination. For Advert Placements, Exhibition Promotions, Book Review or Interviews, send an email to: artsandcultureplace@yahoo.com!

Who have I become trying to love again?-Jimmy Nwanne

Lovin’ Again 
By Jimmy Nwanne



When Love hurts it loses its taste
Like a believer I had lost my faith
Mama preached to me her many love stories until I became a believer
But that world seemed so far away
I would close my eyes & indulge in fantasies, I can relive those moments on stage

Lovin’ again
You came along & gave breath to these fantasies until u left me with many questions…
All I could do was close my eyes & let them flow down my chicks
Some memories live longer than time…

They say Love is like a stream that will find its course
Behind my walls of caution, how did you track me?
Have I gotten stronger?
Who have I become trying to love again?
You’ve knocked down my barricades, could you be the One?

Love can seem like a street with many signs, who can tell the right one?
Don’t want to run into the rocks again, but your touch feels so tender like cotton
Your words humbling like a preacher man’s
I don’t drink but every morning I wake up intoxicated with thoughts of you
You wear your heart like a beautiful pendant, I think I am Lovin’ Again…


Jimmy Nwanne was born in Kaduna, Nigeria. He studied Fine Arts with painting as his major at Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Anambra, Nigeria and presently lives in Germany.




No comments:

Post a Comment