You are welcome to Arts & Culture Place! Your One-Stop Arts & Culture Destination. For Advert Placements, Exhibition Promotions, Book Review or Interviews, send an email to: artsandcultureplace@yahoo.com!

Meet Segun Aiyesan, the mystery painter

The theory of a predefined destiny in Segun Aiyesan's opinion "Is just another fallacy and usually propounded by charlatans in their ignoble cause to steal a man's opportunity to chart a course, make a mistake, learn, recalibrate, repeat and move on. Destiny is more like a location arrived at by the complex and random orchestration of many forces that inadvertently intersect at an omega point, to bring about a fortuitous event.

“Ever since I was aware of myself, I always loved anything artistic and and I indulged myself in them, even though I really wasn't hoping to become a professional artist. Anyway, after a long sojourn in the science world, I finally became a professional artist and I'm enjoying every moment of it. I try to embed deep messages in my works in terms of metaphors and innuendos. I have actually realized that my pool of inspiration cannot be defined with a boundary, because I am constantly changing my perspective and I try to find the most suitable way to express my artistic opinion. And since I m primarily an experimental artist, I really can't say my restless spirit will be comfortable with working in a certain technique for very long. However, the most important thing about my work is that I believe God has a divine presence in it.” 


About the artist

Born 18th of March 1971 in Benin city, Nigeria. Art is my calling in life and its what I do best. 

Education

Self taught artist
Higher Institution: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria (B.Sc Engineering) - 1995

Solo Exhibitions
A Mind of His Own; Eko La Meridien Hotel, Victoria Island, Lagos in 2003
Translation Signature Gallery, Lagos 2002

Group Exhibition 
The Unbreakable Spirit of Nigeria, organised by African Artists Foundation competition exhibition in Abuja and Lagos, Nigeria 2008
Art Expo 2007, Elf village, Port Harcourt, Nigeria 2007
Atmosphere II Elf Village, Port Harcourt, Nigeria 2005
Reflex Sandston Convention & Exhibition Centre, Johannesburg, South Africa - 2004
48 Hours with the Children of the Turtle Escape Alberica, Paris - 2004
Expressions TotalfinaElf Complex, Victoria Island, Lagos -2003
Pastel Aficionados Mydrim Gallery, Ikoyi, Lagos - 2003
Art Expo 2002, TotalFina Elf complex, Victoria Island Lagos - 2002

No comments:

Post a Comment