You are welcome to Arts & Culture Place! Your One-Stop Arts & Culture Destination. For Advert Placements, Exhibition Promotions, Book Review or Interviews, send an email to: artsandcultureplace@yahoo.com!

Stolen Lives Set to Rule Cinemas Nationwide

All is set for the release of "Stolen Lives", the much talked about movie by fast rising movie producer Emmanuel Williams. 
The movie talks about the social vises that affects the modern day Nigerian youths which consists of rape, drugs, Cultism and it promotes poor family values. 
According to the producer Emmanuel Williams  “I made the movie because I actually looked at things happening around me and to an extent some of my friends and I said no something has to be done and the only way I could see something being done is through visuals because we’ve talked and talked nothing happened and we all know that in Nigeria we do not have the reading culture, you print something, share fliers but people throw it out so we tend to stick to what we see and so doing it passes a message across so I felt OK I could do a movie and I had a friend that has a near experience of rape so I just infused it and I said rape, drug abuse, cultism all those things can be joined as one because most of the people that rapes are probably under the influence of drugs or alcohol so I decided that is different from the normal story that we see but that will also pass a message so that is why I decided to do that movie"
Written by award wining script writer Tunde Babalola, with well interpreted roles by Alex Ekubo, Ik Ogbona, Ruth Kadiri, Beverly Osu, Owumi Ugbeye to mention a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment