By Udemma Chukwuma
|Market Queens by Glover|
Ten exceptional works by Kolade Oshinowo, David H. Dale, Ablade Glover, Rueben Ugbine and Segun Aiyesan will be leading in the list of expensive artworks in this year’s Lagos Art Auction.
(1) Man Rowing into Life (bead work|), by David H. Dale, price: 2,500,000-3,500,000,
(2) Discussion, (acrylic on canvas), by Kolade Oshinowo price: 2,800,000 – 3,200,000
(3) People, (oil on canvas), by Ablade Glover, price: 2,800,000 – 3,000,000
(4) Market Queens, (oil on canvas), by Ablade Glover price: 2,800,000 – 3,000,000
(5) Abuja Landscape (oil on board), by Kolade Oshinow price: 2,000,000 – 2,500,000
(6) Maiden Dance (wood), by Rueben Ugbine, price: 2,000,000 – 2,200,000
(7) Motifs (copper foil on board), by David H. Dale, price: 1,800,000 – 2,200,000
(8) Tussle (wood), by Rueben Ugbine price: 1,500,000 – 1,800,000
(9) Village Scene (oil on canvas), by Kolade Oshinowo, price: 1,200,000 – 1,800,000
(10) Owanbe (acrylic on canvas) by Segun Aiyesan, price: 1,100,000 – 1,600,000.
|Gele Series by Aiyesan|
The exquisite artworks will be previewed on Sunday, April 24, 2016, at Terra Kulture Art Gallery, by 4pm, while the art auction will hold on Friday, April 29, 2016, at the Intercontinental Hotel, Kofo Abayomi Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria. The auction will be conducted by Mr Yinka Akinkugbe.
This edition will feature 104 artworks cutting across various media and artists from Nigeria and across West Africa (Ghana, Togo and Republic of Benin). On display, will be works from masters of art such as Bruce Onobrakpeya, Dele Jegede, including emerging artists: Ndidi Emefiele, Dipo Doherty, Raji Mohammed, Chinede Uzoma and Makata Obinna.
Lagos Art Auction is a platform which brings collectors and art lovers together, as well as celebrates Nigeria’s cultural heritage through creative artistry and a reference platform for pricing African Artworks. The Terra Kulture Mydrim Auction House (TKMG) was initiated in 2010 by the CEO, Terra Kulture, Mrs. Bolanle Austen-Peters.